May 31st Patience Strong

 

May 31st  Patience Strong

 

In our regular newspaper, many years ago

There used to be a poet called Patience Strong

Who would write half a dozen lines or more

Occasionally

Her name was Patience Strong

Mmmm...  interesting name.

 

I have written a poem a day

Some short, some long, anyway,

Everyday, Napowrimo for two months.

 

But

My patience isn’t about poems.

Sixty odd poems when you’re retired

Is easy. I haven’t missed a day.

But life is not easy.

My patience is more inside me

A cheerful inner self

Cavalier at life’s shit.

Born of my early teenage years

And fears.

 

Now.

I will write a few bits more

Of 70 celebrations.

And then. Re-write and publish.

Well, what else is there to do?

Wishing you, whoever you are, all the best,

Yours,  P.S.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment