May 26th Party time

 May 26th   Party time


Politics again and a Question time.

If Stormont does not meet again

All the Sunak promises made

Financial help and energy aid

Will not be offered to those that

Live in Northern Ireland.

There's no partying then...



I am reminded of a party from sixty years ago

When my friend from school, called Leslie

Wouldn't come.

We walked all the way to Tyttenhanger to ask him

And he said no; Mum was making his tea.

Disappointed, ashamed, friendless me.

And my party went ahead with just close family

It scares me that history might repeat itself

And more.


You plan an event and it sounds such fun.

Until the problems and complications come.

No surprise that I dislike celebrations so much

When they offer you lots of promise and such. 

No comments:

Post a Comment